Some Lesser Known Facts About Tochi Raina
- Does Tochi Raina smoke: Not Known
- Does Tochi Raina drink alcohol: Not Known
- Raina comes from music-oriented family. His father, despite being an army personnel, used to play the harmonium, his grandmother was a Sitar player and uncle, a renowned Violin player. His sister has done PhD as a vocalist and his brother is a composer in Malaysia and, but no one from his family took music as their career for the fear of failure.
- He is not good at study and even failed his high school exams, and with just rupees 100 in custody, he fled to Patiala from Nepalgunj.
- For about 6 months he also worked as a salesman at the Patiala Sports Club and left the job after getting bored. Raina, because of his interest in cooking, started at a restaurant in the city.
- He had no intention of becoming a singer at that moment. With love for music in his heart, Raina, in 1987, moved from Patiala to Delhi to learn and understand music.
- Raina fled to Mumbai in 1993 in order to learn from Ustad Bhure Khan but soon returned to his hometown Patiala.
- Raina got linked to the band ” Band of Bandagi” in 1991.
- For the first 20 days, he slept on Aksa Beach. It took him nearly 5 years to understand the industry. In 2003, ‘Raina’ became ‘Raina from Trilochan Singh’, right after landing in Mumbai and began meeting the celebrities.
- Raina got his first breakthrough in Neeraj Pandey’s film with Bulleshah “A Wednesday” in 2008.
- Credits for the song ‘Pardesi’ were given to Toshi Sabri instead of Tochi Raina. The website was later sent a notice with a demand of INR 2 Crore as the compensation for the losses that Tochi suffered during those days. It was in May 2009 when a simple error in the name resulted in him being admitted to Bombay Hospital where he underwent psychiatric treatment. 28 years of patience and complete dedication brought fame to him, but it did not last long because of a blunder by a website, and that was the mistaken identity.
- According to Raina music reality shows on TV have no use. He says that kids who participate develop a wrong attitude because of the exposure on Television. Adding to the point, he said, “many singers have come into the industry through this way, but the only thing we question about them is, ‘Where are they today’?”
- Tochi has a special love connection with the Sufi music. Coming from a musically oriented family, music runs in his blood. Tochi is married to Shweta Raina and has a daughter who he named, Saibo.
Say Something In Comments !!