Salman Khan’s much talked about biggie Tubelight has released in cinemas worldwide today. Like many previous films of bhai jaan, this one is also carrying excellent reports and is expected to break many records. The films brings the Blockbuster jodi of Kabir Khan & Salman Khan back after Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan and is a perfect Eid outing.`
Tubelight comes at the box office two months after the release of epic Baahubali 2. It is expected to give distributors a shower of money they didn’t get from several films released in between. While 100-200 crores is not even a task for Salman Khan starrers, this one is expected to be his another 300 crores grosser.
Here we bring you some amazing facts about Tubelight that will make you far more excited for Tubelight than you are at this moment-
8. Film’s director Kabir Khan was quoted as saying by Spotboye that Tubelight will have popular slingshot scene from Hum Aapke Hain Kaun where the child actor Matin will be seen in the place of Madhuri. He said-
“The kid (Matin) always carries a slingshot with him. It’s one of his quirks. Let’s call it evolution; Madhuri has been replaced by Matin now! It was almost coincidental that such a scene be recreated in Tubelight.”
7. Kabir Khan believed that no one other than Salman Khan could’ve provided justice to the role of Laxman so he didn’t announce the project until Salman confirmed of doing it.
6. Akshay Kumar was supposed to play the role of Laxman’s brother in the film. However, the film demanded Salman Khan to have a natural brother like emotional connection with him so he recommended Sohail for the role.
5. Shah Rukh Khan accepted the offer of a cameo as soon as he was proposed. Salman Khan revealed at a recent event that Shah Rukh didn’t even listen to the entire conversation before saying yes for the role.
4. Katrina Kaif was keen to have a cameo in the film, but was denied as Kabir Khan didn’t want to affect the narrative of the film.
3. As many as 1000 kids were auditioned for the role that ultimately went to Itanagar boy Matin Rey Tangu. Kabir said that casting the child actor was no mean feat. He added that they didn’t set out on looking for an actor, but were seeking a wonderful child artiste who had the spunk and ability to withstand a 100-day shoot. Speaking about how many children auditioned before finalising on Matin, Kabir said that they went through over a thousand kids before settling on him.
Well, considering the excitement Matin has built for himself just with the trailers and promotions, we can say people are loving Matin.
2. The title of the film ‘Tubelight’ also has a logic behind. Salman has played the character of a man-child who is slow in picking and learning things, which makes him popular with the name Tubelight. Despite his shortcomings, the character sets out on an unimaginable journey to find his brother (Sohail Khan), who has gone missing post the Indo-China war.
1. Kabir Khan included as many as 600 actors to play soldiers in the film and requested Indian army to train them. They took the actors under their regime for a couple of weeks.
A boot camp was organised for the actors to train them rigorously and make them look like real-life soldiers. The actors had a complete transformation and showcased the body language of a soldier that looks completely convincing. They even learnt to hold their weapons and armour perfectly.
Are you going to watch Tubelight this weekend or you have already seen it? Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us.
Say Something In Comments !!