Some Lesser Known Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
- Does Leonardo DiCaprio smoke?: Yes
- Does Leonardo DiCaprio drink alcohol?: Yes
- The reason he earned the name Leonardo is that first time his pregnant mother felt him kick when she was standing in front of a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
- His father was a comic book dealer.
- At the age of 10, he was advised to change his name something more familiar to American.
- He was nominated for the best supporting actor at the Academy Awards for his 1994 movie “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” and became the 7th youngest actor to ever be nominated at the age of 19.
- He donated a room full of computers (built on the site of his childhood home) to the new Los Feliz Library in 1998.
- Leonardo DiCaprio initially refused to act in Titanic but later he was encouraged by James Cameron to play the role of Jack Dawson.
- In the year 1998, People Magazine chose him as one of the “50 most beautiful people in the world).
- In 2004 US presidential election, he openly supported John Kerry.
- He gave $2800 to Barack Obama’s campaign for 2008 US presidential election, the maximum amount an individual can give during an election.
- He adopted a South African baby girl while filming Blood Diamonds in South Africa.
- He is a dedicated environmentalist and is known world-over for his charities and works related with environment.
- In 1998, at the age of 24, following the success of Titanic he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote environmental awareness.
- Flemish chick-rock band, K3, wrote a song for him titled “I’m in Love with Leonardo DiCaprio”.
- After being nominated for six times (five for best Actor and one for producer), he won the Best Actor Academy Award for for his 2016 film “The Revenant”.
Say Something In Comments !!