|Real Name||Brendon Barrie McCullum|
|Nickname||Baz, BBM, B Mac|
|Profession||New Zealand Cricketer|
|PHYSICAL STATS & MORE|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 41 Inches
– Waist: 31 inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Tattoos||1. McCullum has a unique tattoo covering his upper arm and shoulder. The tattoo comprises of a scroll, which contains the Roman numerals CXXVI (126- his ODI cap number), XLII (42- his limited overs shirt number) and CCXXIV (224- his test cricket cap number).
2. A silver fern tattoo on the left side of his chest shows his Kiwi pride!
3. Since it is not possible for McCullum to wear his wedding ring while playing, he got a ring impression tattooed as an alternative.
|International Debut||ODI– 17 January 2002 against Australia in Sydney
Test– 10 March 2004 vs South Africa in Hamilton
T20– 17 February 2005 vs Australia in Auckland
|Domestic/State Team||Otago Volts, Brisbane Heat, Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Birmingham Bears, Sussex, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Gujarat Lions, Trinbago Knight Riders|
|Nature on field||Maintains calm disposition (plays aggressively though)|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Ball||Not Known|
|Records (main ones)||
|Date of Birth||27 September 1981|
|Age (as in 2016)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand|
|School||King’s High School, Dunedin, New Zealand|
|Educational Qualifications||High School Graduate|
|Family||Father: Stuart McCullum (former Cricketer)
Mother: Name Not Known
Brother: Nathan McCullum, Cricketer (Elder)
|Hobbies||Horse Riding, Playing Rugby & Golf|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes – Riding bikes, driving Cars, Resting at his farmhouse, Horse riding
Dislikes– Not Known
|Favourite Cricketer||Vivian Richards|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|GIRLS, FAMILY & MORE|
|Children||Son– Riley McCullum
Daughter– Maya McCullum (Elder), and 1 more
|Cars collection||Hyundai Accent, Audi A4|
|Bike collection||Black Hayabusa|
|Salary||INR 5.5 Crores (Gujarat Lions)|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
Some lesser known facts about Brendon McCullum
- Does Brendon McCullum smoke?: Yes
- Does Brendon McCullum drink alcohol?: Yes
- His father, Stuart, is a former Cricket player who played 75 first-class matches for Otago.
- Under his captaincy, for the first ever time, New Zealand reached the finals of the World Cup (2015).
- McCullum’s tryst with Cricket began in the year 1996, when he played for the Otago U-17’s.
- McCullum holds the record for the most runs by a Kiwi batsman in an U-19 test match. He smashed 186 runs against South Africa U-19 in 2001.
- His IPL debut couldn’t have been better. Playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), McCullum smacked 158* off just 73 balls against the Royal Challenger’s Bangalore (RCB) in the very first match of the IPL tournament in 2008. He scored another unbeaten 158, 7 years laters, for Birmingham Bears (Warwickshire). Interestingly, this time he took only 64 deliveries.
- Although McCullum had to give up the gloves because of an incessant backache, the time that he spent behind the wickets was enough for him to reach milestones and set records. With a combined tally of 462 ‘caught behinds’ across all formats in International Cricket, McCullum is New Zealand’s best wicket-keeper to date.
- When McCullum replaced Ross Taylor as the full-time captain, New Zealand were placed eighth in the Test rankings and ninth in ODIs. Within three years, his unmatched leadership skills took them to the top three in both Tests and ODIs.
- McCullum is an occasional columnist for the English News outlet, The Daily Mail. In addition, he released his autobiography titled ‘Declared’ in 2016.
Say Something In Comments !!