|Real Name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Nickname||Akki, Raju, Mac and Khiladi Kumar|
|Profession||Actor and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 September 1967|
|Age (as in 2017)||50 Years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||He used to live in Chandni Chowk, Delhi but he is now settled in Mumbai|
|School||Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling|
|College||Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle)
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut: Saugandh (1991)
|Family||Father– Late Hari Om Bhatia
Mother– Aruna Bhatia
Sister– Alka Bhatia
|Address||Prime Beach, Juhu, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Collecting posters of old Bollywood movies, cooking, martial arts, playing volleyball and cricket|
|Controversies||Akshay Kumar was caught in a controversy when his wife, Twinkle Khanna unbuttoned his Jeans for promotion in Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai.
|Favourite Food||Thai green chicken curry, miso soup, sushi, sashimi, chocolate fudge|
|Favourite Actor||Ranveer Singh and Kamal Hassan|
|Favourite Film||Life is Beautiful|
|Favourite Sport||Cricket, Martial Arts, Sailing|
|Favourite Destination||Goa and Canada|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Pooja Batra (Actress)
Raveena Tandon (Actress)
Shilpa Shetty (Actress)
Twinkle Khanna (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Twinkle Khanna (Actress, 2001-present)
|Marriage Date||17 January 2001|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Cayenne, Honda CRV, Bentley Continental GT, Mercedes|
|Bikes Collection||Yamaha VMax and Harley Davidson|
|Salary||25 Crores/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$150 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Akshay Kumar
- Does Akshay Kumar Smoke?: No
- Does Akshay Kumar Drink alcohol?: No
- Akshay was born to a Punjabi family in Amritsar but raised in Old Delhi, and later he shifted to Koliwada in Mumbai.
- Since his childhood, he was inclined towards acting and fitness.
- His father was very supportive and sent him to Bangkok for martial arts training provided he scores 1st class in his board exams. Akshay secured 63 percent and had a ticket to Bangkok; there his uncle got him work as a waiter in the Metro Guest House where his initial salary was Rs 1,500. And, alongside that he also used to cook and learn Martial arts.
- He did all kinds of odd jobs in India as well before joining the Bollywood film industry. He even worked as a peon for a travel organization for around 1½ years in Kolkata.
- On suggestion of his friend, he tried his luck in modelling, and after getting success there, he changed his name from Rajeev Om Bhatia to Akshay Kumar as he saw a movie which the actor opposite to his favourite actress was named Akshay.
- In the early 90s, Rajesh Khanna made a film called Jai Shiv Shankar in which he required a new face and when Akshay came to know about it, he went to Rajesh Khanna’s office for the audition and waited there for around 4 hours, and the worse thing was that he wasn’t able to meet him.
- His Bollywood debut was a 7-second appearance as a Karate instructor in the film Aaj (1987).
- He came to Mumbai for the first time, he had his portfolio shoot at the same Juhu bungalow which he owns now.
- Although his first released movie was Saughand, he initially signed Deedar. Akshay was the actual choice for Phool Aur Kaante but as he had given dates for Deedar, Phool Aur Kaante goes off to Ajay Devgan.
- He played the role of Vijay 8 times and Raj 7 times during his 3 decade of acting career.
- He is popularly known as the Khiladi Kumar of Bollywood as he has worked in 8 films with the title Khiladi in it: Khiladi, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Sabse Bada Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, International Khiladi, Mr and Mrs Khiladi, Khiladi 420 and Khiladi 786.
- He played the role of a police cop in 15 films.
- He is counted among one of the most fittest and disciplined actors in Bollywood as he is very punctual, gets up at 4:30 am in the morning, does 1 hour swimming. 1 hour Martial arts, 1 hour meditation, yoga and stretching exercises and takes his dinner at 7 pm.
- He almost killed himself during the shooting of his film Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996) as he almost broke his neck by back lifting 350-pound weighing Brain Lee who played the role of WWE wrestler Undertaker in his film.
- He once sung a Punjabi devotional song Nirgun Raakh Liya and donated its profit to the victims of the 7/11 (2006) train bombing victims of Mumbai.
- Year 2007 was his golden year as he gave 4 super-hits that year: Namastey London, Welcome, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Hey Babyy.
- In 2008, The University of Windsor honoured him with the Honorary Doctorate of Law for his outstanding acting career.
- He was also honored with the prestigious Padma Shri Award and the Rajiv Gandhi Award by the Government of India.
- He and his Ex-girlfriend Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra shares their birthday on the same day (9 September).
- In 2008, he was named as the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine, India.
- He has tattooed his son Aarav’s name on his back.
CONNECT WITH Akshay Kumar:
Here we are providing you the social media account’s links of Akshay Kumar where you can follow him and like his latest pictures and stay with his new activities. Check out the links-
Say Something In Comments !!